- Become immersed in the ‘Big Data revolution’ and develop state-of-the-art data science and AI skills alongside expertise in emerging renewable technologies
- Designed in collaboration with internationally renowned researchers and industrial partners you will benefit from research-led teaching, practical examples and hands-on activities
- Develop sought-after, discipline-transcending skills and utilise these through use of modern scientific computing software and a new state-of-the-art Renewable Engineering Facility
- Gain the skills and experience you need to succeed in the demanding and fast growing data analytics sectors, specifically within renewable technologies, on the Applied Data Science (Renewable Energy) programme from The University of Exeter .
- Data science, modelling and essential programming skills and how to apply these to The United Nations sustainable development goals
- Ability to extract information from data as a basis for evidence-based decision making
- Working with stakeholders and advanced team-working skills in complex organisations
- Using digital media to convert complex data sets into useful information to engage with the lay public and specialists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Trends in Data Science and AI
- Data Science and Modelling Dissertation
- Tackling Sustainability Challenges using Data and Models
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Advanced Marine Renewable Energy
- Advanced Wind Energy
- Solar Energy Research and Innovation
- Low Carbon Vehicles and Transport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Data Science & Big Data View 422 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good degree (normally a 2:2).
- Successful applicants will usually have at least an A-level or equivalent in Mathematics and/or have received quantitative skills training as part of their undergraduate programme, or possess relevant professional experience.
- Prior experience of coding is not necessary on this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.