The Pharmacy at Keele University is designed to meet your own learning needs and that of your employer. You’ll not only be able to put your new knowledge and skills to use at work from the outset, but also tailor your master’s level research project so that your findings are directly applicable to your professional practice for the benefit of both yourself and your workplace. You will undertake a six-month service evaluation or research project.
Keele University has become known within the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector for delivering effective, highly flexible continuing professional development (CPD) and lifelong learning for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, paramedics and other health care professionals.
Health agencies across the UK, including the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, Association of Pharmacy Technicians UK, NHS England and NHS Improvement, all agree that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians need the knowledge, clinical skills and behaviours required to provide more patient-centred care.
The NHS in particular is committed to meeting the challenges of a growing and ageing population with the next generation of pro-active, preventative health care, education, advice and treatment. It wants pharmacy professionals to: embrace new ways of working as part of multidisciplinary healthcare teams in GP practices, care homes and urgent care settings such as NHS 111; deliver better and safer services to patients and the public; and help ensure value from the NHS’ investment in medicines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Practice (15 credits)
- Researching Professional Practice (30 credits)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 13 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Keele University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Masters programme is structured to be suitable for pharmacists from all areas of professional practice and is flexible to your own learning needs and the needs of your employer.
- Entry to the Masters year requires satisfactory completion of a postgraduate Diploma award that is associated with one of the relevant Keele programmes, or an ‘equivalent’ postgraduate Diploma award from another university. Candidates who wish to gain direct entry after having completed a Diploma at another university will have to provide full details of the syllabus covered/assessment strategy for consideration with their application to Keele. Decisions on the equivalence of other diplomas to allow entry to the Keele Professional MSc are at the Programme Manager’s discretion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per year during 12 months.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.