The TIPSI program is taught in English. The possible working languages pairs include English/Russian/French/ Spanish/ German. Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean can be offered upon students' choice. These languages are taught by native speakers. Students gain theoretical and applied knowledge of language develpment and use in multilingual social and institutional settings, develop translation and interpreting skills in administrative, healthcare, legal, educational areas, learn nuances of cross-cultural communication ethics and behavior models in societal domains under study, get familiar with multilingual corpuses, digital resources and remote interpreting technologies for TIPSI, practice simultaneouse interpreting in the booth. The learning process rests on the industry international standards regarding community interpreting. The training materials ground on real cases of translation and interpreting within public institutions.
Graduates of the Translation and Interpreting for Public Services and Institutions MA programme offered at RUDN University have multidisciplinary competences to manage multilingual cross-cultural communication in diverse institutional settings, balance national public needs and non-native speakers' language rights within country-specific administrative, healthcare, legal, educational settings. Currently, internationally acknowledged employers of the program graduates include Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, Moscow-based International Center of Healthcare Service for Foreign Citizents, etc.
- Integration of international and Russian experience of translators and interpreters’ working at judicial and law enforcement agencies, government bodies and corporate structures.
- International standards of translators and interpreters’ professional activities as the programme background. English-taught course.
- 8 foreign languages to be chosen by students for a second language working pair.
- Selection of pairs of working languages for the formation of competencies in translation and interpreting.
- International composition of the learning group.
- Master classes with potential employers.
- The opportunity to participate in the international student exchange programmes.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The portfolio of a foreign applicant is considered according to the following criteria:
- average academic grade at the previous level of education, including grades in specialized subjects (max — 45 points);
- achievements in educational and social activities, certificates, diplomas, etc. (max — 5 points);
- certificate of Engl language proficiency (5 points);
- applicant status based on the results of participation in competitions / Olympiads for foreign citizens (winner / prize-winner) (Bachelor’s / Specialist’s: winner — 40 points, prize-winner — 35 points; Master’s: winner — 15 points, prize-winner — 10 points);
- recommendations from public organizations, associations, Russian missions abroad, foreign diplomatic missions, faculties of RUDN University, etc. (5 points);
- position of the university whose document on education the candidate provides upon admission, in the world rankings (10 points);
- volunteer activity (5 points);
- letter of motivation (10 points).
International3730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3730 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3072 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3072 EUR per year during 24 months.
- For Russia and CIS citizens: 254,500 RUB/year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.