The International Journalism Studies course from Hong Kong Baptist University has trained thousands of outstanding talents, many of whom are active in local and international journalism, while others are applying what they have learned in other professional fields ranging from business, economics and finance to communication, international affairs and beyond. The teaching team comes from all over the world, including front-line reporters and editors with extensive experience in international news gathering and editing and dedicated teachers with years of experience as well as scholars with rigorous academic training. We are committed to nurturing every student with a vision and commitment to international journalism.
The curriculum includes three primary dimensions: The first is a reserve of concepts and theories to improve academic accomplishment and enhance analytical skills, critical thinking, legal knowledge and understanding of the field of international journalism. The second is training in professional journalism practice, including storytelling, writing, newsgathering, visual production and ethical practices of news production. The third is the cultivation of interdisciplinary learning. Excellent journalists need to be knowledgeable about many subjects. A foundation in fields such as finance, big data and digital communication is the third focus of this programme.
- International Relations Theory & Practice
- Comparative & International News
- Multimedia Journalism
- News and Feature Writing for International Practice
- Advanced News Writing and Production for Int’l Practice
- Media Law & Ethics for International Journalism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We adopt a rolling admission policy and open a window for application from mid-November to end- June (usually having First Round November – January; Second Round February – June)
DisciplinesVideo Games & Animation Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 5 other Masters in Journalism in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or institution; AND
- Be able to communicate in English at an advanced level, possessing one or more of the following qualifications if they did not study in an English-speaking institution
International19755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19755 USD per year during 12 months.
National19755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19755 USD per year during 12 months.
- HK$155,000 (per year for one-year full time student)
- HK$60,000 (per year for two-year part time student) (local Hong Kong students only)
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.