Department of Agricultural Food and Environmental Sciences (D3A) of the Università Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona (Italy) forms a new type of food professional with an in-depth understanding and knowledge of technical, chemical, biological and microbiological aspects involved in the management and development of innovation in food supply chain.
Paying particular attention to sustainability issues, these figures understand how to connect food processes to both economic and communication systems, as well as the relationships within food and high-quality product marketing, and the promotion of made in Italy food traditions.
The Food and Beverage Innovation and Management programme from Marche Polytechnic University qualifies you for employment in food companies and related industries involved in food production, quality, and safety as well as equipment manufacturing—in Italy and internationally. You may also have the opportunity to engage in public or private organizations, laboratories, and consultancy in the field of food.
The Master degree allows you to access to the State Examination to obtain the qualification to the regulated professions of Food Technologist (Law n. 59, 18 January 1994, n. 59) and Doctor of Agronomy and Forestry (DPR 5 June 2001, n. 328).
Directive 2005/36/EC relative to recognition of professional qualifications also provides the right of establishment and the freedom to provide services to citizens of the 27 Member States of the European Union (EU), as well as citizens of Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein, who wish to pursue a regulated profession in a Member State other than that in which they obtained their professional qualifications, either as self-employed or as employees.
Therefore, the professional activity of Graduates in Food and Beverage Innovation and Management can be practiced:
- In the liberal profession, also performed in professional studies
- In the enterprises of the agro-food sector and businesses connected to it (production and marketing of machines, systems and services for agro-food industry);
- In the mass distribution circuit (GOD);
- In public and private organizations, carrying out, for various purposes, planning, analysis, control, certification and scientific investigations for the protection and improvement of food production (Assessorati all'Agricoltura, Camere di Commercio, Services and national and regional agencies operating in the agro-food industry);
- In national and international institutions performing studies and researches on issues of agricultural and food policies, food security and food aid programmes (FAO, World Bank, OECD, European Commission, etc.);
- In training institutions;
- In the wholesale trade of food and beverages;
- In hotels, restaurants and service companies for the mass catering (canteens, schools, hospitals etc.);
- In the holdings dealing with wine-making and oil extraction and processing;
- In business organizations (Federalimentare, agricultural organizations, etc.).
- In public administration (University, High School, local authorities, etc.), subjected to specific authorization and exceeding the competitions required by law.
- Accessory foods and beverages
- Emerging food technologies
- Energy and environmental sustainability in the agro-food industry
- Food biochemistry
- Food marketing and management
- Food policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Italian (including those with double citizenship) and EU citizens possessing a degree obtained abroad - October 15th
DisciplinesInnovation Management Risk Management Food Sciences View 27 other Masters in Food Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must have a first level university degree in Food Science/Food Technologies studies. Students with university degrees in other areas may also apply.
- Candidates must satisfy at least one of the following alternatives:
- English mother tongue;
- High School Diploma obtained after the completion of a course of study of at least four years of duration and where English is the language of teaching;
- Bachelor degree (B.A. or B.Sc. or similar) obtained after the completion of a course of at least three years of duration and where English is the language of teaching;
- A certified B2 level of English such as for example Cambridge ESOL First Certificate of English, IELTS 5.5 and above, ETS TOEFL iBT 69 and above.
International24000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA13001 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13001 EUR per year during 24 months.
International students, who are not resident in Italy and enroll to a Master Degree program in Univpm, can apply for ISEE parificato
Living costs for Ancona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.