What you will learn
The Design for Interaction programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) educates designers who understand what people do with and expect from the products they use in everyday life, and who are able to design products appropriate to their needs’ concerns and abilities. The programme offers students a multidisciplinary course of study, covering topics ranging from aesthetics and ergonomics to psychology and sociology. Students learn to formulate design visions, create and visualise concepts, and develop and test experiential prototypes. The programme delves deep into the processes and principles underlying people’s interactions with products: how to involve users in analysing needs, and how to apply technologies in the product development process. During the project phase, students apply and integrate what they have learnt.
Not only is a DfI student able to design interaction visions, through technological knowledge (s)he is able to create realistic and working demonstrators. Through this combination DfI prepares you both theoretically and hands on, to become a user experience expert.
- Design Theory and Methodology
- Manage your Master
- Product Understanding, Use and Experience
- Context and Conceptualisation
- Interactive Technology Design
- Visual Communication Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design Human Computer Interaction View 28 other Masters in Design in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Design for Interaction programme requires skills in analysing, conceptualising and designing for human interaction in relation to the socio-cultural, economical and technological contexts in which the product, service or system is used.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands.
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of identity
- Reference letter (applicants for a scholarship)
- Portfolio with samples of their design work
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.