Graduates of this Water Science and Engineering MSc program from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) are capable of independently developing strategies and technical solutions for sustainable management of water resources. Their complex area of work is located between the conflicting priorities of efficient use of limited water resources, increasing demands in their protection, handling of hydrometeorological extreme events and impacts of the global change on the water cycle and water-related cycles of materials.
Considering their broad scope of activities, civil engineers are sought after professionals with excellent career prospects. With a master's degree, leading positions are open in the following fields, depending on the focus of the master's program: structural and civil engineering, engineering offices, public administration, consulting engineers, railroad engineering, insurance companies, energy economy, software companies and many more. A civil engineer designs, plans, calculates, builds and maintains residential, office, administration and industrial buildings, transport routes (streets, bridges, tunnels, airports, hydraulic structures such as water locks, dams, barrages, etc.), power plants, facilities for the conservation of the environment (irrigation and dehydration plants, sewage plants, garbage incineration plants), structures for civil protection and much more. A master's degree is necessary for a subsequent doctorate.
- Modeling of Water and Environmental Systems
- Water Quality
- Urban Water Infrastructure and Management
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Numerical Fluid Mechanics
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Water and Energy Cycles
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Ecology View 82 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a completed bachelor’s or equivalent degree of at least 3 years duration and based on a minimum of 180 ECTS credits points
- minimum requirements in advanced mathematics of at least 12 credit points, at least 12 credit points in science and/or engineering fundamentals such as physics, chemistry, biology, mechanics or thermodynamics and 12 credits points in engineering and/or natural sciences such as water management, hydraulic engineering, hydrology, urban water management, hydromechanics, water treatment, hydrogeology, engineering geology, geophysics, physical geography, soil science, environmental systems sciences, climatology and/or hydrometeorology;
- internet-based Test of English as Foreign Language with a minimum score of 90; IELTS with a minimum score of 6,5 and no section under 5,5; University of Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or University of Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); UNIcert II certificate.
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Non-EU Student Enrollment Fee: 1,651 EUR
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.