It is a University de Lyon program with a consortium of three renowned institutions: École centrale de Lyon, INSA Lyon and Lyon 1.Lectures, laboratory practicals, internships and thesis projects are carried out in collaboration with research laboratories in Lyon often involving international partners. The strong link between research and education ensures a continuous improvement of the program.
Programme dedicated to a multidisciplinary and international approach.
For students planning an academic or an industrial career.
The two-year curriculum provides both the theoretical basis and the practical expertise in the fields related to the fabrication, the characterization and the design of nanoscale structures and systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Micro- and Nanofabrication
- Characterization Tools for Nanostructures
- Surface Physics
- Quantum Engineering
- Physics of Semiconductors
- Courses in other Masters
- Biomolecules, Cells, and Biomimetic Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- December 15th, 2020 to February 15th, 2021.
- mid-March to mid-May 2021.
Applying to the 1st session will make the visa process easier.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Physics View 7 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree in the field of science or engineering, for example Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Electrical Engineering, or Material Science, is required to be eligible for the Master of Nanoscale Engineering. The minimum number of associated credits is 180, which normally corresponds to having completed a three-year Bachelor program. Furthermore, a reasonable command of the English language (spoken and in written form) is necessary.
- Note that it is possible to apply directly for the second year of the program if you have already completed - or if you are in the process of completing - a Nanotechnology-related Master year at another university.
Living costs for Lyon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.