For the Master of Design program at Savitribai Phule Pune University, the first two semesters in the first year consist of theory courses and projects. The general structure of a course at IDC is a set of lectures designed to provide a theoretical introduction to the subject, followed by design exercises that encourage students to apply theoretical knowledge to practical problems of their choice. In the second year, students may continue to take courses while most of their time is dedicated to design projects.
The aims of this course are:
- to introduce the fundamentals design.
- to help the students to build interdisciplinary approach.
- to inculcate design sense of responsibilities, social and environment awareness.
- to help students build-up a progressive and successful career in academics and industry.
- Graduates from Master of Design are better team players because of the interdisciplinary course structure.
- Relevant internships and career guidance lead to bright employment opportunities. Here at IDSS, corporates and design firms are involved in academia proving helpful in placements.
- History of Design
- Design Visualization
- Design Concepts and Concerns
- Workshop and Experimental Practices
- User Experience Design
- Mobility Design
- Product Design and Development
- Furniture Design
- Visual Communication: Script, Animation, Motion
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Engineering/Architecture/Interior Design/Technology
- Professional Diploma in Design: 10+2+4 years
- BFA (after 10+2)
- GD Art (4 year program after 1 year foundation. Minimum entry requirement 10th pass)
- The admission is given on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the Online Entrance Examination (OEE) for the course, generally conducted in June or July
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International3932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3932 USD per year during 24 months.
National2656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2656 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State1359 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1359 USD per year during 24 months.
- Students from Maharashtra: Rs. 1,00,750
- Outside Maharashtra: Rs. 1,96,950
- SAARC countries: Rs. 1,95,900
- Foreign: Rs. 2,91,600
- Entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.