- The Geoinformatics programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The Department of Geography, Panjab University is one of the country.s premier centres for Post Graduate studies in Geography. It offers opportunities for Ph.D., M.Phil, and Post Graduate Degree in Geography, Remote Sensing & GIS and Disaster Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems. The department also offers online courses: M.Sc. in GIS (Geographic Information Systems and Science) and Diploma in Geoinformatics in collaboration with University of Salzburg, Austria.
- The University Grants Commission has been gracious in recognizing all these activities of the Department. In its further recognition, the University Grants Commission covered the Department under the Special Assistance Programme (SAP). The activity commenced on February 21, 1992 and the department successfully completed three phases on 31st March 2009. The acquisition of the Special Assistance Programme (SAP), successful completion of its Phase I, II and III has proved a landmark in the history of the Department. It strengthened research and teaching; infrastructure; the academic interaction at national and international levels and helped to create a sound base for academic excellence. Considering the role played by the department in research and academics the UGC granted to the department the status of Centre of Advanced Study (CAS) in Geography with effect from April 1, 2009.
- Population geography
- Agriculture Geography
- Settlement Geography
- Environment Geography and Remote Sensing
- GIS Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Informatics & Information Technology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 21 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The eligibility for this course is Bachelor’s Degree with Geography/Geology/Geophysics/ Mathematics/ Physics/Botany/Environment Science/Computer Science/Urban Planning/ Regional Planning/B. Tech./B.C.A. or Master’s Degree in Geography/Geology/ Geophysics/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Botany/ Environment Science/ Computer Science/ M.C.A./Urban Planning/Regional Planning with at least 50% marks in aggregate. The admission to the course shall be through an Entrance Test.
International668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per year during 24 months.
National668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.