You will have the opportunity to take part in exciting contemporary discussions of Public Policy that explore core concepts, key trends and developments within the field, critical reflections on policy in practice and the current state of research and analysis of policy issues.This course will allow you to develop subject specific knowledge and develop broader professional skills that will be necessary for a career in any field related to public policy. It also enables you to obtain an advanced understanding and practice of a range of methods and methodologies available to support research and policy analysis.
Careers and employability
As MSc Public Policy graduates from Nottingham Trent University, you will have the opportunity to reflect on the subject and transferable skills learnt while preparing coursework.
These include expertise in writing complex, yet concise, analytical pieces, developing and implementing projects, interpersonal communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills, problem-solving, and the ability to present in-depth ideas with confidence. You will be offered encouragement and assistance in articulating those skills in relation to occupations that may be of interest to you.
- Theory and Trends in Public Policy
- Policy in Focus
- Researching Political Issues
- Policy Lab Research Project
- Law and Policy for Social Work
- Education Policy and Practice
- Service Learning
- International Politics of Health
- Democracy. Citizenship and Sustainability
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 495 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (normally 2.2 or above).
- If you hold a first degree but it doesn't meet the entry requirements above, please refer to the information below.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. You will be required to demonstrate how your experiences and knowledge would enable you to study this course at Masters-level in your Personal Statement.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.