You will have access to our purpose-built Animal Unit which is home to over 150 animals, from 40 different species. You'll have the opportunity to work with the domestic and exotic species found here, as well as out in the natural habitats on the estate, and further afield on international research projects. You'll also have access to specialised teaching and laboratory facilities.
The academic team who facilitate this course work on endangered species recovery initiatives in several countries, and have established recovery research links in Canada and America, where species recovery is a recognised process supported by government legislation.
The team also have links to species recovery programmes in Mauritius, Sweden and South Africa. These links provide opportunities and scope for a wide range of research projects in the field.
Careers and employability
This Endangered Species Recovery and Conservation course from Nottingham Trent University, has been designed to enhance employment or research opportunities for graduates from Biology, Conservation, Animal Science degrees.
- Conservation Priorities
- Species Recovery: Theories, Methods and Techniques
- Captive Breeding and Husbandry
- Conservation Genetics
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences Ecology Environmental Sciences View 323 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent honours biological sciences degree.
- A minimum of a 2:2 or equivalent honours biological sciences degree.
- We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course. We sometimes offer places on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications, and industrial or professional experience.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National: £4,400
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.