About this Degree
The Public Policy program offered by the University of Erfurt equips future decision makers with the knowledge and practical skills they will need to advance the public interest and make sound policy decisions.
Drawn from political science, economics, sociology, public administration and law, the MPP curriculum builds the skills and knowledge base required of a professional policy analyst. It includes courses in political and economic analysis, statistics, public management and ethics. Throughout the coursework, research and field experience, students develop their understanding of the policy process and the institutions and actors involved in that process.
On these pages you can find all relevant information about the MPP’s curriculum, and on available courses and teaching materials.
The MPP curriculum has been revised and is currently undergoing accreditation. The revised program is scheduled to start in the winter semester 2020/21 for the class of 2020-22. For more information or if you applying to the Helmut Schmidt Programme intake 2020, please consult the MPP curriculum (2020).
- Economic Policy Analysis
- Microeconomics I: Game Theory
- Public Administration and Finance
- Management and Leadership
- Ethics in the Public Sector
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 50 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- higher education entrance qualification (i.e. high school diploma, Abitur)
- college or university degree (i.e. Bachelor, Master, Diploma, state exam, etc.) with a minimum duration of 6 semesters, ideally in subjects from the social sciences, economics, or law
- professional work experience (minimum of one year)
- above-average grades or above-average professional performance
- analytical talent and pronounced interest in political problems
- very good English language proficiency
International3200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Erfurt
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.