The objective of Paris-Saclay University's European Master in Biological and Chemical Engineering for a Sustainable Bioeconomy is to provide all students with a solid multidisciplinary scientific background in biology, chemistry and biotetechnology, combined with a good knowledge of bio-based products markets, and value-chain sustainability assessement. Bioceb aims at training student to systemic approaches at different scales, from the biological cell to macroeconomic systems.
The programme is built-up arround three key pedagological pillars: an academic programme (lecture and practice), a green-line multidisciplinary project carried out over the 2 years, and an internship.
What you will learn
Thanks to the Bioceb modular format, each student is given the opportunity to build-up his/her specific curriculum with a specialization in one major field of biotechnologies, among bioprocesses design and up-scaling, biomass engineering and valorisation, bioproducts design and production. In the framework of Bioceb programme, the Biomass Engineering for Bioeconomy (BEB) track organised by AgroParisTech whithin the Integrative and Predictive Biology Master consists in a multi-disciplinary training providing:
- in M1: knowledge on agro-ressources and biorefinery combined with skills in value chain sustainability assessment and economics
- in M2: in-depth knowledge of plant biochemical diversity (in particular through secondary metabolites) and of the biotechnological tools (genetic modification, synthetic biology, innovative extraction strategies according to green chemistry principles) supporting innovation in bioeconomy.
Besides the theoretical and experimental training in this scientific fields, the programme includes a course on bioeconomy and innovation to train the students to industry-driven approaches.
- Plant-soil interactions
- Physiology and genetic of plant development
- Molecular biology of microorganisms
- Green chemistry - biosourced buildings blocks
- Biochemistry of plant components and biorefinery
- Agricultural and viticultural soils
- Sustainable and cleaner production
- Biorefinery systems: enzyme technology, chemistry processes design, kinetics
- Biopolymers: basics, introduction and applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering Sustainable Development View 36 other Masters in Sustainable Development in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BSc degree or equivalent degree in Engineering or Science including a strong background in at least one discipline related to Biology
- Preferred but non-mandatory: a background in Chemistry, Physics or Environmental sciences; good level in Mathematics
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy diplomas. (Scan of High School Diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Letter of recommendation or internship evaluation. (Two reference letters)
- Supporting documents (TOEFL, TOEIC, certificate of a teacher) of a level of a foreign language. (Proof of English Proficiency)
- List of the last 5 years of studies mentioning only the year of study, the institution, the overall average and the mention obtained.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 4500€ for partner countries
- 9000€ for others
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.