During the first part of the M1 Life Sciences and Health - International Track - France program at Paris-Saclay University, all students will take the following courses that address key Concepts and Challenges in the following basic fields of Life Sciences and Health:
- Genetics and Genomics
- Cellular Biology
- Biochemistry and Cell Signaling
- Systems biology
This part of the program will be mostly based on active learning which includes reverse approaches and problem-based activities.
During the second part of the program, students will choose among a wide range of elective courses in accordance with their academic and career development goals. Some of the areas of study include:
- Animal transgenesis
- Applied genomics and precision medicine
- Synthetic biology
The aim of this Master program is to provide a solid and broad-based foundation in prominent areas in Life Sciences and Health. In addition, given the elective courses offered, and the intensive research training internship, students will obtain both theoretical and practical experience in their fields of interest.
Competences and skills to be acquired in the field of Life Sciences and Health are:
- ability to comprehend general scientific developments
- in-depth and critical analysis of scientific literature in specialized international journals
- formulation of new questions and hypotheses
- communication with professionals
- ability to design and implement scientific experiments
- ability to describe, analyze and report on research data
- development of practical skills
- Systems Biology
- Neurobiology of Integrated Systems
- Integrative Microbiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 10 other Masters in Microbiology in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed questionnaire (to download on the master's web page). (Completed form "M2 choices for M1 International Track in France")
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Certificate of English level.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- A bachelor’s degree corresponding to a “Licence” in France (L-M-D European system, 180 ECTS, 3-year program) or equivalent academic qualification in Science (with a Biology content) from an internationally-recognized University is required.
- English language proficiency equivalent to the COE/ALTE (Council of Europe/Association of Language Testers in Europe) English course B2 level is required.
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
National243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.