Students will acquire the fundamental technics and concepts in economics, both theoretical and empirical, as well as a critical thinking about the way to use them.
The first year of the program (M1) is structured around 8 compulsory core courses that form the common ground on which the research specialization in M2 Economics will be based, supplemented by two optional discovery courses and two research projects.
The M2 is entirely optional, allowing students to build, under the supervision of the faculty members, their own specific curricula adapted to their personal research agenda. Some will choose to specialize fully in one of the three fields of excellence of the Master's degree (1. Trade, Geography and Development Economics 2. Public and Behavioral Economics 3. Advances and Challenges in Macroeconomics). Others will choose more diversified and original combinations, allowing cross-fertilization between areas that are treated in a conventional way independently.
The Research Master thesis will allow students to demonstrate their ability to conduct independent, original, and innovative scientific research. To this end, they will mobilize all the skills acquired during their master's degree at Paris-Saclay University.
Problematize an economic question and contextualize it socially, historically and within an academic literature.
Think in terms of models to reach a deeper understanding of an economic problem and evaluate potential solutions.
Collect, treat and analyze multi-dimensional economic datasets at research level.
Communicate professionally on a research outcome in front of various audiences.
Behave professionally as an economist in various organizations and in the whole society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transportation Economics
- Trade and Development Policies
- Topics in Economic Growth
- Topics in Applied Industrial Organization and Analysis of Firms Dynamics
- Topics in Public Economics
- International Macroeconomics and Finance
- Tax Competition and Fiscal Federalism
- Experimental and Behavioral Economics
- Behavioral Economics of Health and Food, Epidemiology and Public Policy
- The Economics of Language
- Economic Geography and Urban Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- From 01/02 to 08/03
- From 10/05 to 07/06
- From 24/08 to 07/09
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 16 other Masters in Accounting in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter of recommendation or internship evaluation.
- Copy of identity document.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers).
- Letter of recommendation (compulsory for candidates who have already been enrolled in higher education in France before).
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- 2nd letter of recommendation (compulsory for candidates who have already been enrolled in higher education in France before).
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay).
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- BA Economics, BS Mathematics
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for Master degree programs: 243€
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.