The aim of the M2 Systems and Synthetic Biology program at Paris-Saclay University is to provide students from the Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physical and Computer Sciences a mean to fruitfully engage in collaborative work across disciplinary boundaries, with applications in Systems & Synthetic Biology.
Students undertaking the course will gain hands-on experience in experimental biology, modeling and designing. They will also enhance transversal capacities including planning a project, giving a seminar, perceiving the industrial, economical and ethical issues associated with these developing fields.
The professional perspectives of M2 SSB lie in the massive development of Synthesis Biology, and the orientation of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry towards the use of predictive models and the modeling of biological systems.
About 70% of students in previous classes pursue doctoral studies, while others hold research-engineering positions in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or in academic research laboratories. Moreover, several previous graduates are founders of biotech startups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Synthetic Biology Practical Course
- Metabolic Engineering
- Genome Engineering
- Biosafety and Sociological Questions on Synthetic Biology
- Biological Parts and Devices
- Statistical Analysis of Large Scale Gene Expression Data
- Rational Protein Engineering
- Design of Experiments and Machine Learning in Synthetic Biology
- Computational Inference and Modeling of Biological Networks
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants may come from Universities or from Engineering schools. After a first year of master (M1), or an equivalent qualification (4 years of successful higher education after finishing high-school), in either Biology, applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry or Physics. Bi-disciplinary curriculums including biology is favored, but highly-achieving and motivated students in any of the cited disciplines can apply.
- Motivation letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Document at your convenience. (Any other document that you consider important for the evaluation of your application)
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Letter of recommendation or internship evaluation. (Or the names and addresses of 2 referees)
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for Master degree programs: 243€
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.