It is possible to study by targeted, global and/or genetic engineering approaches on molecular, cellular or integrated analytical scales (microbial communities, host organisms). M2 Fundamental Microbiology at Paris-Saclay University covers a wide range of topics in order to understand and control the immense variety of microbial processes.
- Main opening: Experimental research in the academic or private sector in numerous laboratories (Paris Saclay, Institut Pasteur, Institut Jacques Monod) in the region or abroad.
- Other openings: R&D in the biotechnology sector, education, tracking scientific developments, Scientific communication.
- Option of joining additional courses (HEC or ESSEC schools, IT, business management, marketing).
- Practical course of integrative microbiology
- Molecular and cellular microbiology
- Initiation to data manipulation with R software
- Functional genomics
- Cellular innovations and synthetic microbiology concepts
- Microbial structures and signals
- Environmental and microbial biotechnologies
- Recent advances in virology: virus-host interactions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- from 25/01 to 28/02
- from 15/04 to 20/07
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 17 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is aimed at students who have acquired M1-level skills in genetics and molecular biology, and theoretical and/or experimental knowledge in the field of Microbiology.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay).
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
National243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.