One of the greatest challenges of modern science is to understand how the brain processes information in order to imitate its computing and learning capabilities (Artificial Intelligence, neuromorphic circuits, machine learning) and to compensate the brain failures with computational and technological tools (Closed-Loop Neurosciences, Brain Computer Interface).
The M2 Computational Neurosciences and Neuroengineering training program at Paris-Saclay University is based on experimental, computational and theoretical approaches, combining neurosciences, physics, applied mathematics and computer sciences at different scales (cell, network, behaviour) and different organizational levels (micro, meso- and macroscopic scales). Thanks to the reputation of the laboratories and research teams involved, the Master degree offers a very high level courses programme with a high international visibility.
Engineer jobs and PhD projects in academic, industrial laboratories, integration in R&D departments in France or abroad, represent the main opportunities in the following fields :
- Neuromorphic comptine tools,
- Cognitive and functional stimulation
- Visual, auditory, sensorimotor prostheses
- Technological tools for neurological and neurodegenerative pathologies
- Brain-machine interface
- Nerve signal processing
- Neuro-inspired learning
- Artificial intelligence
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiological bases of neurosciences
- Neural bases of perception
- Methods for measuring and stimulating neuronal activity
- Machine learning
- Dynamical systems and computational neuroscience
- Closed loop neurosciences
- Supervised project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Computational Neurosciences and Neuro-engineering (CNN) Master courses programme targets students with a range of backgrounds, including Life Sciences, Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics and Engineering.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Copy diplomas.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- 2nd letter of recommendation (compulsory for candidates who have already been enrolled in higher education in France before).
- Student with level equivalent to Master 1 or Master 2
- Student with level equivalent to engineer degree
- English level equivalent to B2 certification
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for Master degree programs: 243€
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.