Courses in this M2 Advanced Wireless Communications Systems program at Paris-Saclay University focus on the theoretical and fundamental methodologies and techniques, which are necessary for understanding key advances in the areas of wireless communications and networking and their interaction with machine learning. The curriculum spans a large spectrum of material, ranging from information theory and coding to communication theory, networking theory and machine learning.
The organization of the year is as follows:
- The first semester (September to January) starts with few “refresher” courses that provide the students with solid background in mathematical tools (probability theory, estimation theory, optimization). It is followed by specialized courses on wireless communication, machine learning and networking, in which baseline tools and key concepts that are necessary for understanding advanced research topics are studied in detail.
- In the second semester (February to March), students attend a series of research seminars on advanced topics and trends in wireless communications and in parallel they prepare a research project.
- From April, students pursue a research-oriented internship for a minimum period of four months. The internship can be done in industrial R&D labs or universities in France or abroad.
- The career of M2R SAR graduates could be oriented towards all industrial and economic sectors in the field of telecommunications.
- They could work in higher education institutions and universities as faculty members (professors), in public (CNRS, INRIA, CEA, etc.) and private research sector (industrial research and development departments) and in any telecom sector requiring deep understanding and rigorous scientific reasoning (project managers, research directors, etc.).
- Network Architectures and Performance
- Machine Learning for Wireless Networks
- Foundation of Wireless Networks
- Source and Channel Coding
- Signal Processing for Communications
- Principles of Digital Communications
- Multiuser Access and MIMO Communications
- Elements of Information Theory
- Internet of Things
- Game Theory and Distributed Networks
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunications Engineering View 11 other Masters in Communications Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- Letter of recommendation or internship evaluation.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers).
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay)
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.