The master's degree course in Crops and Plant Sciences from The University of Milan, belonging to the master's degree class in Agricultural Sciences and Technologies .
The aim of the master is to prepare graduates with a wide cultural background, scientific training with particular reference to the method; professional preparation in the areas of plant production, their protection, including ornamental and urban green systems, landscaping and environmental recovery / remediation, as well as in the protection of plants from adversity to obtain competitive and sustainable production.
The training received will give to the graduates an in-depth knowledge of current agricultural systems and greenery, with purposes that are both increase yield and protection of the territory and the environment.
This professional figure will find employment in the following sectors:
- in the free profession , after passing the state exam, enrolling in the Register of Agronomy and Forestry Doctors;
- in public research bodies, as responsible for the qualitative and quantitative improvement of agricultural crops and their defense;
- in the regional phytosanitary services, as inspectors for goods in transit and for nurseries or as officials in charge of drafting the regional disease protection directives;
- in the industries producing technical means for agriculture (seeds, fertilizers, plant protection products, etc.), with research or consultancy tasks for operators; in large-scale organized distribution, as responsible for the planning of agricultural plant production, the drafting of production regulations and the control of the healthiness of food;
- in the design, management and defense of ornamental, recreational and sports green;
- in the development and organization of technical assistance services;
- in rural development projects, including on an international scale, by integrating productive, managerial, environmental enhancement, and sustainability of agricultural activities skills.
- Microbial biotechnologies applied to plant production
- Tree growing strategies
- Virology and physiopathological biotechnologies biotechnologies
- Herbaceous cropping systems
- Physiology of plant production
- Plant protection management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The programme is open, but a B1 level in English is required for admission to the first year, and B2 for the second year.
- Graduates of class L-25 (Agricultural sciences and technologies), as well as the corresponding class pursuant to Ministerial Decree, may access the programme if they have earned at least 30 credits in the following academic fields: General botany, Systematic botany, Environmental and applied botany, Plant physiology, Zoology, Applied biology, General and inorganic chemistry, Organic chemistry, Computer science, Data processing systems, Statistics.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.