The Master of Science in Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MIE) of The University of Milan aims at providing students with theoretical knowledge and analytical tools to identify and exploit entrepreneurial opportunities for innovation, change management and organizational transformation.
The drivers of new business creation, the ability to identify business opportunities offered by the markets, the analysis of human, economic and financial resources needed to create and develop new projects represent some of the topics in the entrepreneurship field.
Entrepreneurship and innovation are interwoven. Innovation is conceived in a broad sense, spanning from new knowledge generation to enter in new markets to the development of new products, processes and management approaches, based on innovative organizational solutions and competitive strategies.
Alongside the creation of new companies, the ability to innovate and seize the opportunities for investing in new markets by existing companies is a condition of success for the revitalization of more mature businesses.
The Program is aimed at young people who want to embark on a managerial career oriented towards innovation themes, as well as those who want to start new business ventures.
Functions: business analysis and development; coordination and management of innovation projects; new business model development; entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs; property rights consultants;
Skills: ability to analyze and interpret sectoral and competitive dynamics; to design new initiatives within existing companies; ability to plan and start new business ventures;
Career opportunities: managers in national and international manufacturing and service companies, in large retailers; entrepreneurs; freelancers and consultant in the design and implementation of new initiatives.
- Advanced Industrial Organization
- Business History
- Corporate Finance
- Management of Innovation
- Performance Measurement and Control Systems
- Quantitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management Studies Innovation Management View 24 other Masters in Innovation Management in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates can prove their English language knowledge by presenting:
- a certificate, at least level B2, of proven international validity (e.g., TOELF, IELTS, etc.);
- a certificate attesting a B2 level test, previously assessed by University of Milan for students enrolled in a bachelor program;
- a certification attesting a higher education qualification (bachelor) obtained in English;
- a certification certifying the achievement of a university exam or English language qualification at least level B2, clearly stating the level achieved;
- a certification attesting the achievement of at least 60 ECTS in teaching activities carried out in English during the university course in Italy or through international mobility programs.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.