The Plant Science students from The University of Milan, will acquire a high level of scientific preparation and in-depth knowledge and skills, taking into consideration molecular and cellular aspects, without neglecting applicative goals such as plant breeding and the protection and preservation of natural plant species. The graduated student will acquire high-level skills, which will enable him/her to use the latest technologies to study complex plant biological systems.
The international character of the Master course, the knowledge of English and the international experience are all highly appreciated aspects that should contribute to broadening the job perspectives of the graduated student, reaching beyond national borders.
- Universities and public and private research institutions;
- Public and private laboratories for biological, microbiological, genetic and quality control analyses;
- Biotechnological, pharmaceutical, chemical and biorefinery industries;
- Communication, scientific dissemination and information, scientific publishing;
- Plant genetic improvement and seed production;
- Agro-food sector;
- Production of molecules of food, industrial and pharmaceutical interest in plant systems;
- Cooperation and development in international organizations.
- Courses or activities
- Evolutionary Biology of Plants
- Introduction to Plant development and Signal transduction
- Strategies in Experimental Biology
- Chemistry and Cellular Biochemistry
- Communication tools and Scientific English
- Entrepreneurship and Science and Scientific English
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences View 7 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students must be proficient in English, with a B2 level of competence. Applicants are required to certify their knowledge of the English language by presenting a B2 level certification (vantage or upper intermediate, as defined by the Common European Framework of reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment; recognised certifications.
- The adequate personal preparation of the candidates, their ability to communicate in English and their motivation are decisive elements for the admission and they are going to be verified and tested during the admission interview.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.