Each Partner University will recruit students for the 1st year of the Communications Engineering and Data Science Programme according to their quota, following their usual admission processes; then, the students will go for the 2nd year of the Programme to another Partner University. For instance, the student that enrols on Técnico Lisboa (University of Lisbon) in the 1st year will go to either Aalto University or Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering in the 2nd one.
The joint CoDaS M.Sc. Programme follows the Bologna Agreement recommendations, namely:
- 2 years duration;
- 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits in total, with 60 ECTS/year;
- M.Sc. Thesis with 30 ECTS;
- common scientific areas in the degree structure during each year of the Programme.
The Partner Universities have signed Double Degree agreements, which means that the students completing the programme will obtain two diplomas: one from the home Partner University, where they have enrolled in the 1st year, and the other from the host Partner University, where they have performed the mobility in the 2nd year.
Each Partner University will award graduated students with a Diploma from the M.Sc. recognised by the Double Degree agreements, together with the corresponding Certificate; in addition, each student will be also awarded a Supplement Certificate, signed by all Partners, establishing the Joint Unite! CoDaS Programme as the “European umbrella” for the degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General studies
- Mathematics & Programming
- Data Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics General Engineering & Technology Data Science & Big Data View 11 other Masters in Mathematics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students applying to enter the Programme at Técnico Lisboa (University of Lisbon) are required to have a B.Sc./B.Eng. degree (with a study duration of at least 6 semesters or 180 ECTS credits) in a technical area related to the Programme
- online application;
- proof of academic degree and study records (diploma and study records need to be certified);
- TOEFL with an internet based score of at least 80 points or a paper based score of 550;
- IELTS with an overall band score of at least 6.0
- applicants who are native English speakers or have completed a degree in English do not need to submit a proof of English language proficiency.
- motivation letter (up to 500 words);
- recommendation letter(s), up to 3, from relevant people considered by the students;
- Curriculum Vitae, with photo, presenting any subject-relevant internships, work experience and extracurricular activities (2 A4 pages maximum).
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA825 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 825 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.