- With an ever increasing global population, the world’s food production and supply chains are under increased pressure, and issues relating to food safety and food security are of key concern for all. The Institute for Global Food Security (IGFS) at QUB is one of the University’s four Global Research Institutes, and is leading the world in addressing one of the greatest challenges we face – how to ensure the safety of our food. The Advanced Food Safety programme is offered at the Queen's University Belfast .
- The MSc Advanced Food Safety programme is delivered and taught by IGFS researchers and focuses on the new and emerging issues threatening food safety and food security, and concentrates on the utilisation of recent developments in analytical approaches to monitor and regulate food integrity, authenticity and security.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Safety, Health and Disease
- Advanced Food Bioanalysis
- Agri-food Traceability and Fraud
- Bio-entrepreneurship and Advanced Skills
- Foundations for Research in the Biosciences
- Literature Review
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We advise you to apply as early as possible, particularly for those courses where there is a high demand for places.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Agriculture View 124 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above in a relevant area of science or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds, therefore applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements but hold a degree (or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University) and can demonstrate appropriate postgraduate experience, will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £6450
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £6450
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB £7250
- 0EU Other £21,400
- International £21,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.