On successful completion of the Data Science (Professional) MSc program offered at James Cook University, graduates will be able to:
- Integrate and apply an advanced body of practical, technical, and theoretical knowledge, including understanding of recent developments and modern challenges, in Data Science and its application.
- Retrieve, analyse, synthesise and evaluate complex information, concepts, methods, or theories from a range of sources.
- Plan and conduct appropriate investigations of data sets by selecting and applying qualitative and quantitative methods, techniques and tools, as appropriate to the data and the application.
- Analyse requirements, and demonstrate effective applications of appropriate computing languages and computational tools for data acquisition, queries, management, analysis and visualisation.
- Identify, analyse and generate solutions for complex problems, especially related to tropical, regional, or Indigenous contexts, by applying knowledge and skills of data science with initiative and expert judgement.
- Communicate data concepts and methodologies of data science as well as the arguments and conclusions of the application of data science, clearly and coherently to specialist and non-specialist audiences through advanced written and oral English language skills and a variety of media.
- Critically review ethical principles, issues of data security and privacy, and where appropriate regulatory requirements and cultural frameworks to work effectively, responsibly and safely in diverse contexts.
- Reflect on current skills, knowledge and attitudes to manage their professional learning needs and performance, autonomously and/or in collaboration with others.
- Apply knowledge of research principles, methods, techniques and tools to plan and execute a substantial research-based project, capstone experience and/or piece of scholarship.
- JCU Data Science (Professional) graduates are highly skilled specialists with invaluable professional expertise.
- Graduates benefit from rapidly increasing job openings across the data industry and a data-driven future. You can apply data science to industrial, environmental, cultural, societal, and agricultural projects.
- You could find work as a data scientist, data engineer, data analyst, data architect, visualisation specialist or statistician.
- Data Science
- Statistical Methods for Data Scientists
- Data Visualisation
- Database Systems
- Programming and Data Analytics Using Python
- Mathematics for Data Scientists
- Data Mining
- Visual Analytics for Data Scientists using SAS
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Online: January, March, May, July, September, November
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 121 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Australia
CRICOS Code: 102256E
- AQF level 7 bachelor degree; or minimum five years relevant industry experience in IT or Data Science/Data Analytics; or equivalent
- US: Satisfactory completion of one year at a recognised university with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Germany: Successful completion of six months of study at a recognised German university with an overall grade of Pass or successful completion of Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Reifezeugnis.
- Sweden: Successful completion of Upper Secondary School or Kommunal vuxenutbildning with a minimum GPA of 12.
- Norway: Successful completion of at least six months of study at a recognised higher education institution in Norway; or successful completion of Norwegian Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skolen with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Denmark: Successful completion of one semester of study at a recognised higher education institution with an overall grade of Pass (average of D).
International34960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34960 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28160 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.