- Build a career-ready portfolio through capstone projects and masterclasses.
- Develop fundamental skills in data science.
- Open up your career opportunities.
- Gain skills in SAS, Python, R and more.
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study.
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor.
The field of data science continues to grow, and studying the Data Science (Professional) Online MSc program offered at James Cook University will give you an edge in this diverse industry. Upon successfully completing a Master of Data Science with JCU, you will have the skills and expertise to succeed in roles like:
- Tech entrepreneur
- Data Scientist
- Business Analyst
- AI Developer
- Machine Learning Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Chief Information Officer
- Advanced Data Management and Analysis using SAS
- Data Science and Strategic Decision Making
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Data and Information: Management, Security, Privacy, and Ethics
- Data Science Project
- 32 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Oct (6 chances in a year to start the course)
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 30 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Master of Data Science welcomes applications from students who are able to meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor degree (whilst not a prerequisite for entry, high numeracy skills equivalent to senior level mathematics that includes algebra and elementary differential calculus is assumed); OR
- At least five years of relevant work experience in an IT or data science-related industry. Industry experience will need to include some background in computing, data analysis or programming. Application based on relevant industry experience must be supported by a detailed CV and proof of work experience.
International20580 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20580 AUD per year during 32 months.
National20580 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20580 AUD per year during 32 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.