The Physics programme at KU Leuven allows you to specialise in condensed matter physics, nuclear physics or theoretical physics. Regardless of your chosen major research profile or option, you will obtain thorough training in physics and insight into the current status of physics research.
Many research positions are available in this field. There are excellent career opportunities in ICT, material research, electronics, consulting, government, banking, social profit sector, and within higher education.More than half the students who obtain a master’s degree in physics eventually start a PhD programme in one of the department’s research groups.
A number of graduates prefer to pursue a second master’s degree.
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Historical and Social Aspects of Physics
- Experiments in Modern Physics
- Advanced Solid State Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics View 13 other Masters in Physics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For applicants from outside Belgium, comparability of the diploma is not always easily established. Therefore we ask you to upload the following documents with your application:
- Scans of transcripts and diplomas are required for all applicants. These documents are sufficient for all applicants from universities that have an exchange agreement with the Faculty of Science of KU Leuven or universities that are in the global top 200 in the most recent Times Higher Education or QS rankings.
- Additional documentation is required for applicants from other universities as it is impossible for us to reliably assess the comparability. In those cases the admission board will take a positive decision only if supporting information is provided:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit should be part of this. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale;
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.