The Master in Physics at KU Leuven is a research based master’s programme in which you can master the skills demanded by the field, and specialise in one of three major research profiles:
- Condensed Matter Physics: Cluster Physics, Surface and Interface Physics, Correlated Electron Systems, Semiconductor Physics, Soft Matter Physics, Physics of Biosystems
- Nuclear Physics: Physics Beyond the Standard Model, Structure of Exotic Nuclei: Decay Reactions and Laser Spectroscopy, Theoretical Nuclear Physics.
- Theoretical Physics: Complex Systems, Cosmology, Mathematical Physics, String Theory.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will have acquired skills including the ability to make sound judgments informed by current research, the ability to solve physical problems, and exhibit critical understanding of the role that physics plays in society today, as well as communication and team working skills.
Many research positions are available in this field, and more than half the students obtaining a master’s degree in physics eventually start a PhD programme in one of the department’s research groups.
A number of graduates prefer to pursue a second master’s degree. There are excellent career opportunities in ICT, material research, electronics, consulting, government, banking, social profit sector, and within higher education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Historical and Social Aspects of Physics
- Advanced Solid State Physics
- Advanced Nuclear Physics
- Advanced Soft and Biomatter Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhysics View 12 other Masters in Physics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Physics, bachelor degrees with a minor Physics, Astronomy, obtained outside the Flemish Community or other degrees will be admitted on individual basis.
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- For applicants from outside Belgium, comparability of the diploma is not always easily established. Therefore we ask you to upload the following documents with your application: scans of transcripts and diplomas & additional documentation
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.