Based on creative ways to connect the “what is?” with the “what if?”, you will learn how to combine a region’s social, technological and ecological assets in ways that create new livelihoods, viable services, and sustainable enterprises.
The Relational Design Masters from Bangor University , is not theoretical. It is designed to help you make a positive step-change in a live project. Your research efforts will be therefore be delivered in the form of a Business Proposal, an Exhibition, and a public Presentation to stakeholders and peers.
Our faculty and in-house experts will help you develop and tell your story effectively. Throughout the course, you will have access to our senior advisor, John Thackara – during his visits for live crits, and 1:1 on skype at other times.
The course is people and place-centred, technology-enabled, and design-led. It equips you with practical skills in design, prototyping new products and services, and business model innovation.
Its key sectors include:
- Beauty & Anti-Aging
- Healthy Eating, Nutrition & Weight Loss
- Wellness Tourism
- Fitness & Mind-Body
- Preventative & Personalized Medicine and Public Health
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Wellness Lifestyle Real Estate
- Workplace Wellness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Masters in Relational Design is a research-based degree. Your research topic might be an existing project idea – perhaps inspired by an industry, government or anchor institution from your own territory – or you may define a research topic once you arrive in Bangor. The sections below outline first, our three focus areas, with examples to trigger your own thinking; and second, the four phases of the year-long course are explained in detail.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesDesign Educational Research Health Sciences View 1797 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We invite applications from mid-career professionals or graduates of architecture, design, engineering and business; applicants with other backgrounds, such as ecology, or geography, are also welcome. All applicants are judged on their individual merits, plus work or business experience.
- We have many years’ experience of making offers of entry based on qualifications awarded worldwide and we welcome applications from international students. Entry will require a qualification deemed to be equivalent in level to the UK bachelor degree. International applicants are normally required to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4660 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.