The master of Mathematics at KU Leuven offers you the possibility to focus on either pure or applied mathematics. This allows you to gain experience and autonomy in learning how to cope with new concepts, higher levels of abstraction, new techniques, and new applications.
Mathematicians are in high demand across the work field. As a graduate mathematician, you can find employment in industry and in the banking, insurance, and IT sectors. There are also openings in academic institutions, government agencies and think tanks, private companies, research centres and industrial companies and departments. Many graduates who choose the research option pursue a career in research and start their PhD in mathematics, mathematical physics, astrophysics, engineering, or related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algebraic Geometry
- Commutative Algebra
- Group Theory
- Functional Analysis
- Differential Geometry
- Probability and Measure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 3 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For applicants from outside Belgium, comparability of the diploma is not always easily established. Therefore we ask you to upload the following documents with your application:
- Scans of transcripts and diplomas are required for all applicants. These documents are sufficient for all applicants from universities that have an exchange agreement with the Faculty of Science of KU Leuven or universities that are in the global top 200 in the most recent Times Higher Education or QS rankings.
- Additional documentation is required for applicants from other universities as it is impossible for us to reliably assess the comparability. In those cases the admission board will take a positive decision only if supporting information is provided:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit should be part of this. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.