Teaching from American University Washington DC will teach you to turn learning differences into learning strengths as you delve deep into a cutting-edge curriculum that leverages advancements in neurodevelopment, social-emotional interventions, and a multidisciplinary approach to elementary education.
Our alumni are working to change the lives of students throughout the country and the world. Within six months of completing their programs, 100 percent of American University’s MAT graduates are working, continuing their education, or both in large and small districts across the country. Some of our major employers are: DCPS, MCPS, PGCPS, and DC Charter Schools.
- Theories of Educational Psychology and Human Development
- Effective Teaching for Diverse Students
- Teaching Literacy in the Elementary School
- Children's Literature: A Critical Literacy Perspective
- Special Education for Exceptional Children
- Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School
- Teaching Science in the Elementary School
- Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 94 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Praxis CORE Scores
- TOEFL (non-native English speakers)
International39600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39600 USD per year during 24 months.
National39600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39600 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.