What does Artificial Intelligence at the UvA have to offer me?
Technical approach to AI research
The Master's programme in Amsterdam is a regular Master programme with strong research orientation. It has a technical and scientific approach towards AI research: mathematical AI foundations and hands-on programming make up a large part of the curriculum.
Wide range of topics in AI
The programme covers a wide range of topics, such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Information Retrieval, Fairness and Symbolic Systems. In courses on these topics you build a solid understanding of AI.
World-renowned researchers as lecturers
All courses are taught by world-renowned researchers who are experts in their field. The majority of lecturers are also involved in collaborative research labs with industry players so you benefit from in-depth knowledge of AI applications in real-world situations.
Informal teaching environment
Students with many nationalities and backgrounds start the programme each year. You are encouraged to regularly present and discuss your work with your fellow students and staff members.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Fairness, Accountability, Confidentiality and Transparency in AI
- Information Retrieval
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesRobotics Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 28 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Netherlands
- A Dutch Bachelor degree in ‘Artificial Intelligence’ or ‘Computer Science’
- A Bachelor degree from the University of Amsterdam of the ‘Bèta-Gamma’ or ‘Future Planet Studies’ programme with a major in ‘Artificial Intelligence’
- A Dutch or foreign qualification comparable to Artificial Intelligence or Computer Science, complemented by the following requirements: Computer Science, basic programming skills, basic university level Calculus, basic university level Linear Algebra, basic university level Probability and Statistics
- A motivation which matches the content of the Master’s programme.
- Proficiency requirement in English
International16060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16060 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.