Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development (BSMED) was established in 1984 and had been recognized by the UGC as a "Center for excellence" for teaching and Research in management. BSMED is located in the industrial town of Coimbatore, within the confines of Bharathiar University. The campus cover a lush landscape of 1000 acres, and its tranquil surrounding creates the ideal atmosphere for the unending pursuit of knowledge. The school offers MBA (Full Time) program since 1984. The part-time program was started during 1990 and the admissions were deferred since 1997. The school has a sanctioned strength of 1 Director, 3 Professors, 5 Readers, 6 Lectures and end Placement Officer. However currently eight members of faculty are on the rolls, the program received wide support and acceptance from the industry, business and within AICTE norms.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)The PEOs of the Business Administration MBA programme offered at Bharathiar University describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain with five to seven years after graduation:
- To acquire strong domain knowledge in each of the course and selected specialization to apply in the industries and Business
- To acquire application knowledge for handling the future business situations effectively
- To develop professional and human values and ethics among the students to make themselves as business entrepreneurial and social leader
- Management Principles and Practice
- Organizational Behaviour
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Quantitative Methods for Management
- Corporate Communication
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in any degree and rank position in TANCET.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National fee M.B.A: INR15,840/semester ($213)
- National fee M.B.A. (Differential Fee Structure): INR18,480/semester ($248)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.