After graduation the student will be able to work in the private or public sector in the type of employment for skilled analysts and investigators that is commonplace in government offices, government agencies, financial organizations and more.
- The student will also be qualified to perform independent investigative and analytical work in the field of economics and inspect and assess current research.
- This two-year programme in Economics from Stockholm University consists of compulsory courses in economic theory and empirical methods (45 credits), elective courses that allow students to tailor their studies to meet their own interests (45 credits) and a Master’s thesis (30 credits). Instruction is in English. After completion a Master’s Degree is awarded.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Department of Economics offers a two-year Master's Programme consisting of compulsory courses in economic theory and empirical methods (45 credits), elective courses that allow students to tailor their studies to meet their own interests (45 credits) and a Master´s thesis (30 credits).
- The language of study is English and courses start every autumn term. Each course during term 1-3 gives 7.5 ECTS credits.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 9 other Masters in Econometrics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree including 60 ECTS credits in Economics, of which 30 ECTS credits should be at least at an intermediate level.
- English B/English 6 (Swedish upper secondary school course) or equivalent.
International8937 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17875 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.