The programme is jointly taught by Stockholm Business School and the Department of Economics.
- The Master's in Banking and Finance programme from Stockholm University provides a solid background for students pursuing a professional career in the financial industry as financial analysts, chief financial officers and portfolio managers.
- Prospective employers are commercial banks, central banks, investment banking firms and other international financial institutions.
- The programme also provides a solid background for students pursuing a career in academic research and teaching in the area of financial economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Financial Theory
- Portfolio Theory
- Fixed Income Securities
- Financial Derivatives
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Financial Institutions Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 30 other Masters in Economics in Sweden
- Bachelor's degree with 60 ECTS credits in business administration and 30 ECTS credits in economics or 60 ECTS credits in economics and 30 ECTS credits in business administration.
- 7.5 ECTS credits in mathematics and 7.5 ECTS credits in statistics. Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or the equivalent.
International8938 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17876 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.