The Data Science MSc programme offered at Athens University of Economics and Business focuses on computational and quantitative techniques. It aims at offering students new opportunities for building a sustainable competitive advantage through data analysis.Students are expected to acquire knowledge and skills on:
- storing, analysing and presenting data, by using current algorithmic and computational techniques
- using probability theory, statistics and algebra to understand simple and advanced mathematical concepts and tools, applied to data
- combining specific algorithmic, algebraic and statistical problem-solving techniques, developed over the last 10 years in the field of Data Science, for big data handling and prediction and decision-making modelling
- summarising and presenting complex data and models efficiently and skilfully
- detecting situation similarities that can be used to tackle problems solvable by computational techniques
The program is internationally-oriented to meet the current demand for Data Science specialists. Our long-term goal is to establish this program among the leading ones in the field
- Probability and Statistics for Data Analysis
- Legal, Ethical and Policy Issues in Data Science
- Machine Learning and Computational Statistics
- Practical Data Science
- Large Scale Data Management
- Numerical Optimization and Large Scale Linear Algebra
- Text analytics and engineering
- 14 months
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 6 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Each candidate is required to include according to each year’s call for admission the following:
- Copy of all university degrees/diplomas received
- Copy of transcripts of grades in Greek or English. Accepted candidates must submit official transcripts
- Certificate of equivalence for degrees from foreign Universities, issued by DOATAP/Hellenic NARIC (or proof that an application for certification has been filed -- admission is contingent on submission of certificate by the Program enrollment date)
- Proof of excellent knowledge of English: Certificate of Proficiency in English from U. of Michigan/ Cambridge, or other equivalent to C2
- GRE scores (if available)
- Two recommendation letters (to be sent via post to the Program Administrator or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Proofs of employment (optional for full time program, required for part time program)
- CV in English
International5142 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 14 months.
EU/EEA5142 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 14 months.
- 7,500€ (part-time)
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.