During the Sustainability Studies course at the University of York , you'll gain a fascinating insight into the sustainability of processes that take place over a few years to many thousands of years. Working across disciplines to address issues of current and future sustainability is both stimulating and challenging, requiring expertise from a range of subject areas. Our staff and students work together to create interdisciplinary teams, and our wide range of module options and guided independent research opportunities allow you to tailor your studies to your own interests and career ambitions.
Careers and skills
Through the development of skills in the collation, analysis, synthesis and presentation of interdisciplinary data, and an ability to work as part of a team, you'll graduate well placed for a range of career paths, including progression to a PhD and research careers.
- Non-governmental conservation organisations
- Government environmental, conservation or heritage agencies
- Environmental consultancies
- Universities and research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Conservation
- Concepts of Landscape
- Issues in Cultural Heritage Conservation
- Economics for Natural Resources and Environmental Management
- Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Areas
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 288 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Archaeology, Anthropology, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Geography or related fields.
- If you don’t have conventional qualifications, but do have appropriate, relevant experience, you are encouraged to apply. We carefully consider each application on its merits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8440 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees (2 years)
- Home: £4,220
- EU and International: £9,350
Part-time fees (3 years)
- Home: £2,813
- EU and International: £6,233
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.