The Choreography programme of the Stockholm University of Arts creates a milieu for learning, research and creation processes, as well as for the development of choreographic practices. Negotiating and analysing different notions of the body and of movement, it focuses on problem posing and emphasizes the links between choreography and social, ethical and political movements.
The program is in constant dialogue with the other programs and courses of the department of dance as well as the research center at Stockholm University of the Arts.
The Master Programme in Choreography
The two year Master Programme in Choreography is in English. It first started in 2008 and has played a vital role in the development of dance and choreography in Sweden and internationally, notably with regards to the interaction between theory and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme’s activities are shared between scheduled time and individual and collective self-organized activities. Theoretical and choreographic practices embrace each other and are approached as extensions of one another.
- Thematic learning processes include practical/artistic, methodological and theoretical knowledge, research and interdisciplinary meetings with other artistic and scientific fields of knowledge and expression.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 5 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English 5 or the equivalent.
- A grade of Pass in the work sample showing the applicants own experience of choreographic work.
- A grade of Pass in the qualification test showing artistic ability in choreography.
- A copy of your passport or national identity card (unless you are a Swedish citizen).
- Documentation showing that you meet the general entry requirements for studies at second cycle/advanced level.
- Your CV.
- A letter of motivation with a Link to a film.
- A written text where you review a choreographic work you have seen, containing a reflection on the choreographic and aesthetic choices made in this work, and its link to broader questions (maximum 10 000 characters including spaces).
International33688 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16844 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- If you are a Swedish citizen or a citizen of another EU or EEA country you are not required to pay tuition fees.
- Non-EU / EEA: 175,900 SEK per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.