Disease prevention plays a vital role in improving international health and welfare, including areas such as human rights, justice, and gender equality.
This unique one-year Master’s in Infectious Disease Control from Södertörn University focuses on the prevention and control of old, new and emerging diseases, spanning the medical, environmental, health science and socioeconomic aspects of infectious disease control.
What you'll study
You will examine the biological mechanisms behind infectious diseases from a global perspective, focusing on prevention, diagnostics and therapy, as well as analysing local and global societal and environmental factors and the role of climate change in the emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases.
One consequence of globalisation is that events in one part of the world can have a rapid impact on multiple global locations. The emergence of epidemics is a growing and potentially worldwide problem, especially for developing countries that have limited resources. This degree therefore also examines how human rights, justice and gender equality are central issues in the control and spread of disease, affecting areas such as the production and equal distribution of vaccines and antiviral HIV therapy.
Studying this programme will bring increasing awareness of all aspects of sustainable development, as well as skills that are valuable for decision-making in all areas of your life and as a world citizen.
- Infectious Disease Control in Changing the Environment
- Statistic Data Analysis in Infectious Disease Control
- Medical Geography
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Scientific Methods in Infectious Disease Control
- Degree Project in Infectious Disease Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Statistics View 13 other Masters in Human Medicine in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The equivalent of English B. Bachelor´s degree in Environmental Science, Bioscience, Geography, Development Studies: Specialisation International Health, or an equivalent degree in the field of Medicine or Public Health Science
- Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Between 30 and 285 credits may be taken into account.
International13774 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13774 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- SEK 141,000 per academic year
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.