The Communication MA program from Simon Fraser University, provides training at a graduate level that will equip students with the skills and experience required to design and conduct original research in the field of Communication Studies.
The expectation is that students will develop the competency to use established theoretical and methodological frameworks to design a project and analyze the research findings and/or theoretical issues, meeting the rigour and standards of academic research.
In addition, students are expected to be able to effectively communicate and explain their research in essays and in academic forums like seminars and graduate conferences.
- Design and Methodology in Communication Research
- Contemporary Approaches in Communication Studies
- History of Communication Theory
- Seminar in Advanced Communication Theory
- MA Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Public Relations Digital Communication View 36 other Masters in Digital Communication in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.