In the Applied Statistics in Finance (online) program from University of Strathclyde you'll have the opportunity to acquire:
- an in-depth knowledge of modern statistical methods used to analyse and visualise real-life data sets, and the experience of how to apply these methods in a professional setting, particularly related to the financial sector
- skills in using statistical software packages used in government, industry and commerce
- the ability to interpret the output from statistical tests and data analyses, and communicate your findings to a variety of audiences including health professionals, scientists, government officials, managers and stakeholders who may have an interest in the problem
- problem solving and high numeracy skills widely sought after in the commercial sector
- practical experience of statistical consultancy and how to interact with professionals who require statistical analyses of their data.
CareersThis course will provide graduates with skills in the statistical analysis of financial data. These skills are required by many employers in sectors such as:
- investment companies
- financial institutions
- government organisations
- internet information providers
- Foundations of Probability & Statistics
- Data Analytics in R
- Statistical Modelling & Analysis
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Stochastic Processes
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Statistics View 28 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
- Minimum second-class Honours degree or overseas equivalent.
- Mathematical training to A Level or equivalent standard.
- Prospective students with relevant experience or appropriate professional qualifications are also welcome to apply.
International7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per semester during 36 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.