The MSc in Data Science from University of Cyprus is designed for students that have a background in STEM or in Business and Economics, who can demonstrate good knowledge of English, and who, as part of their undergraduate degree, have completed an introductory statistics course, as well as a course in a programming language such as Python and/or R (see Admissions for further information).
What you'll study
The programme offers 3 tracks (Computer Science Track / Statistics Track / Business Analytics Track).
The first two semesters will be dedicated to core courses; students will select a track at the end of the second semester. Part of the programme is the Capstone project in Data Science, where students tackle specific and practical problems of an interdisciplinary nature.
In this course students engage in all aspects of the lifecycle of data-science projects – from process modelling, data extraction, cleaning and validation, to data interpretation and visualization. The capstone project will begin in the summer term, after the end of the second semester.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability and Statistics for Data Science
- Statistical Simulation and Data Analysis
- Big Data Analytics
- Business Analytics Applications
- Statistical Learning
- Computer Science Track/ Statistics Track/Business Analytics Track Course
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 5 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Cyprus
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A recognized University Degree in a related field (Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business, Physics) from an accredited Institution with a GPA of at least 6.5/10.
- If the degree is not yet available during the application process, the student must submit it before the start of classes in September.
- Proof of very good knowledge of the English language (test results and/or certificates obtained; This is not necessary for applicants who received their degrees from programmes taught in English.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of University degrees or confirmation of graduation
- Copies of Transcripts for all program of study, graduate and undergraduate.
- A brief statement of personal goals and research interests (up to 2 pages).
- The names and emails of at least two (2) referees (University Professors) familiar with the candidate and his/her academic performance.
International3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5125 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5125 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.