The Middlesex PGCHE is a UK teaching qualification specifically designed for those working in higher education. The UK Higher Education Authority (HEA) Professional Standards Framework (PSF) has been embedded into the programme design, and those who complete the programme are able to become Fellows of the HEA.
Throughout the Higher Education programme from Middlesex University Dubai , you will be provided with opportunities to consider, along with your peers, the efficacy of different approaches to supporting students’ learning, assessment practices, course design and the links between teaching and research. Additionally, the programme will enable you to engage in debates about current and relevant issues in higher education practice while critically reflecting upon your own practices.
- The course is designed to enhance your existing teaching through reflective pedagogy
- Following the completion of the PGCert HE, students will earn 60 credits at Masters level and eligible to progress onto the MA Higher Education Programme
- The UK Higher Education Authority (HEA) Professional Standards Framework (PSF) has been embedded into the programme design, and those who complete the programme are able to become Fellows of the HEA.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pedagogy in Higher Education
- Psychology of Learning in Higher Education
- Pedagogy and Practice in Higher Education
- Philosophy and Policy of Higher Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 23 other Masters in Education in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The candidate will normally be expected to possess a UK honours or equivalent international degree qualification (normally classified 2:2 or above) in, or related to, the candidate’s area of higher education practice. Applicants, who are not graduates, that can demonstrate significant professional practice experience and expertise within a subject discipline or other appropriate qualifications, and who have been employed to work with students because of that expertise, may also be admitted to the programme.
- All participants must be actively working with students in a higher education context, in either a learning support or teaching role at the minimum equivalent of 0.1 FTE. This includes academic teaching staff, but also other members of staff, such as technicians, librarians and other professionals actively supporting learning and teaching in HE.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6712 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6712 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National6712 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6712 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.