The MSc Mathematical Imaging and Spatial Pattern Analysis (MISPA) at MINES Saint-Étienne OIVM is hold by the following institutions which are co-accredited by the french Ministery of Higher Education and Research: University Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne / Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Mines de Saint-Etienne, Institut d’Optique Graduate School and Ecole Centrale de Lyon.
A one-year programme taught in English and designed to provide basic and advanced knowledge in Mathematical Image and Geometric Pattern Sciences. Emphasis is placed on the mathematical and computational aspects.
- Doctorate in Image and Patten Sciences.
- Jobs in R&D, engineering, and consulting.
Theoretical modules with training sessions:
- Image modeling, image processing and image analysis.
- Color and multispectral image processing.
- Advanced mathematical imaging.
- Geometry for spatial pattern modeling and analysis.
Tutored laboratory project:
- Literature survey on a selected topic
- Theoretical and practical research work with theoretical and practical
- Project defense in March (report and oral examination).
A 6 months in a company R&D center or in a research laboratory:
- Each M. Sc. Student is supervised by a Professor and an internship scientist.
- The internship leads to a written M. Sc. Thesis to be defended in September during an oral examination.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Business Intelligence & Analytics View 35 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants should hold:
- A completed first year Master in Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
- An engineering degree (or a registration in the final year in one French graduate School).
- An acceptable equivalent diploma.
- File selection and motivational interview.
- The decision of the admission committee will be communicated to each applicant.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint-Étienne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.