The teaching MSc Materials Science Engineering (MSE) degree at MINES Saint-Étienne aims at coupling scientific approaches (based on fundamental physics, chemistry and mechanics of materials) with a view of practical industrial case studies.
The second semester is devoted to the master thesis internship (5 to 6 months. It offers to students the opportunity of working on different real-life materials problems, in a university laboratory, or in a R&D centre of leading French or international companies. Each year, a large offer of diversified (and financially supported) placements is available.
Some of our industrial partners: Air Liquide, AREVA, Arcelor-Mittal, Aubert & Duval, CEA, Constellium, EDF, SAFRAN group, Valloure
Professional roles in fields like materials for energy and transport, or recycling / sustainable development. Opportunities can also be found in R&D sectors, product development or innovative business companies.
Compulsory lectures (commun with ICM program from Ecole des Mines) : 9 ECTS
- Physical methods of materials characterisation Méthodes physiques de caractérisation des matériaux (3ECTS)
- Finite Elements Analysis (FEA) (3ECTS)
- Damage of materials (3ECTS)
Social sciences and laboratory project (6 ECTS)
- Foreign languages (3ECTS)English or FFS (French for foreign students), depending on pre-existing
- Laboratory project (3ECTS)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 110 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prior successful completion of a first year of a Master’s Degree in theoretical and / or applied science, or equivalent diploma (at the home university or Ecole des Mines) / or 240 ECTS validated
- A good command of English is mandatory
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint-Étienne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.