The focus of the Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering programme from Aarhus University is the development and optimisation of processes in the chemical and biotechnological industries and in the environmental sector.
If you have an engineering background in chemistry and choose to pursue this specialisation at MSc level, you will be able to work with areas as diverse as food, polymer chemistry, and membrane and separation technology.
If on the other hand your background is in biotechnology, you can pursue this specialisation to gain opportunities to work in areas such as developing enzymes and proteins for use in “green” production, lipid technology, and medical biotechnology.
Whether your background is in chemistry or biotechnology, you will also be able to specialise in environmental or energy technology, leading to opportunities to work in areas such as waste water treatment, biorefinery, air cleaning, and biogas production.
Putting Research Into Practice
Teaching at Aarhus University is greatly influenced by the research conducted here, as all the lecturers are active researchers. As an engineering student, you have excellent opportunities to work with researchers in the laboratory, or you can complete a project in collaboration with a private company.
At Aarhus University you will be part of an extensive engineering environment with more than 3,000 engineering students. So you will have ample opportunity to get involved in both academic and social student associations with your fellow students.
Aarhus University campus is unique in that its buildings are closely grouped together and surrounded by nature. The campus is conveniently situated close to the city centre, and student accommodation is readily available as long as you apply on time. There are a range of activities, ranging from running to a regatta on the lake, as well as guest lectures, film screenings, and university events taking place throughout the year. To ensure student well-being, counselling services are available to offer students support and guidance during their time at Aarhus.
As a graduate engineer in chemistry and biotechnology, you will be developing the processes of the future – processes that will ensure that chemical, biotechnological, and environmental knowledge finds sustainable applications that can benefit society as a whole.
The MSc programme is also monitored by representatives of chemical companies such as DuPont, Arla, Aarhus Karlshamn, and Cheminova, all of which are interested in employing newly qualified graduate engineers in chemistry and biotechnology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sensors and Process Control
- Transport Phenomena
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Modelling of Biological and Chemical Processes
- Lipid Biotechnology
- Protein and Carbohydrate Biotechnology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biotechnology View 12 other Masters in Biotechnology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students that hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration (HA) or variants hereof from Aarhus University can pursue direct admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration after they complete their Bachelor’s degree programme.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration, Bsc (HA) from one of the Danish universities, you fulfill the specific admission requirement for the Master’s degree programmes in Economics and Business Administration (cand.merc.).
- If you hold a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (HD), you can also pursue admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration. However, it is required that you complete supplementary courses corresponding to 20 ECTS.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.