It was developed to respond to the skills shortage with regard to educational quality development in developing countries, especially in Sub-Sahara-Africa.
- The aim of the Educational Quality in Developing Countries program at University of Bamberg is to provide people in leadership positions of the education systems with in-depth knowledge and leadership competencies to bring about change in their education systems, to be able to design, influence, manage and evaluate reform processes in their systems.
- Besides, the programme facilitates the emergence of qualified research capacities that can support the development of educational quality in the respective countries.
- The programme was developed in close cooperation with education experts from Sub-Sahara Africa and development cooperation in order to provide a programme that fits the needs of those working in the education sectors in developing countries.
- The programme covers a period of two years. As a blended-learning programme, it alternates between periods of attendance and periods of self-learning, during which students continue with their regular work.
- The programme starts with a four-week period of attendance in Bamberg, followed by three four-week periods in Butare/Rwanda and a final four-week period again in Bamberg, finishing with a graduation ceremony.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 3 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree (at least 180 ECTS-Points or equivalent) in the humanities, cultural studies or social science or
- A Bachelor’s degree (at least 180 ECTS-Points or equivalent) in teacher training; graduates from teacher training programmes of universities and teacher training colleges for all types of schools (primary and secondary schools) will be admitted.
- At least three years of professional experience in schools excluding the traineeship/preparatory teaching period or
- At least three years of professional experience in development agencies in the field of education.
- Sufficient language skills in English to be able to follow the course of studies.
- Other appropriate qualifications may be considered on an individual basis.
- Working in the education system or in a field related to education is an indispensable condition.
- Candidates exceeding the age of 40 have to justify their motives in a letter.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bamberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.