Aim of the study program - to provide students with the opportunity to study, analyze and develop the beneficial aspects of sport and physical activity - physical, mental, emotional and social, which improve the health and quality of life for all individuals, from children and young people to seniors, from patients with serious pathologies to professional high achievements, sports athletes, thus contributing to the growth of the intellectual potential of academically educated specialists, and promoting research-based interdisciplinary knowledge transfer to the themes of contemporary sports science.
- Graduates in the Sports Science programme from University of Latvia can work in sports and exercise science and sports medicine research and medical centres, in the health education, publicē health and health management institutions; sport agencies and associations; sports federations; sports medical rehabilitation centres; sports universities.
- As qualified speciālists , to work in cooperation with eksperts in other fields: food technologists (creation of new functional food products), with engineers (new measuring devices) with specialists in computing science (acquired sensors, computer programms, training methods, including load modeling and simulation devices, virtual reality), etc.
- Amount of credits: 80 credit points or 120 ECTS
- European Qualifications Framework (EQF) level: Level 7
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Bachelor in Natural Sciences, Computer Science or Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology, as well as equivalent higher education;
- Academic or professional Bachelor’s degree in sports science or sports pedagogy; Professional medical doctor degree or Bachelor's degree in health care;
- English language proficiency.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2600 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.