The MA Visual and Critical Studies programme from Technological University Dublin, is a twelve-month, full-time or twenty-four-month, part-time programme divided between core modules, including Discourses in Contemporary Art and Design, Research Methods, and a Discipline-Specific Seminar Series, and modules designed to provide core and advanced skills in critical and historical research. In the final semester/s, students deliver a final thesis in their chosen area of study.
The programme is one of five delivered through the Creative Arts Masters Platform. Students on the MA Visual and Critical Studies programme will join those on the studio-based programmes in Interior Design, Visual Communications, 3-D Design, and Fine Art. The Platform allows specialisation within a dynamic mix of historical and critical disciplines, placing particular emphasis upon close analysis of visual culture that engages with critical and historical debates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCurrent areas of faculty research specialisation include:
- Museum Studies and Museology
- Contemporary Art History and Theory
- Historiography of Art and Design
- History of Design and Material Culture in Ireland
- History and Theory of Typography and Graphic Design
- Contemporary Art and Environment
- Visual Culture of Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 142 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
- Up to Date Passport
- Grading Scale
- Degree / Date of Completion (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Transcripts for each year of study (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Proof of English Proficiency / Date of Exam
- Up to Date Resume
- Statement of Purpose (Some helpful tips for writing a personal statement/SOP to support your application for this course are listed below)
- We suggest you include some or all of the following points:
- Your statement should be approximately 500 words
- Your reasons for choosing the course
- What interests you about your chosen subject
- Any job, work experience, placement or voluntary work you have done, particularly if it is relevant to your subject. You may want to include the skills and experience you have gained from these activities
- What evidence you have to show that you can complete a higher education course that is taught in English.
- Please say if some of your studies have been assessed in English.
International3350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3350 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3350 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.