Profile of the master's programme
The core competencies taught in the Global Food, Nutrition and Health programme of the University of Bayreuth enable our graduate Master's students to understand and solve problems in the field of global food, nutrition and health from an integrative, interdisciplinary perspective. To this end, the programme has an interdisciplinary structure and combines a focus on international nutrition and health sciences with (nutritional) medical, political, sociological and economic aspects.
Fields of EmploymentYou can apply your acquired knowledge and skills in positions in the national and international nutrition and health sciences. Potential employers include
- national and international companies
- globally active institutions (e.g. organs and aid programmes of the United Nations)
- Research institutions
- political and policy advice institutions
- non-governmental organisations.
- Global Nutrition and Food Security
- Global Health and Global Health Financing
- Climate Change and its Consequences
- International Comparison of Food, Nutrition and Health Systems
- The Politics of Development in Nutrition and Health
- Law and Food Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 42 other Masters in Health Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bayreuth and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The admission requirement is a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in nutrition or health sciences with a final German grade of "2.5" or better.
- Advanced English language skills (at least C1 level, based on the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages) and proven German language skills (A1).
- Above-average interdisciplinary interest, which should be briefly stated in your application letter.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Tuition fees: none /Semester fees: 112,86 €
Living costs for Bayreuth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.